Sunday, December 14, 2008

Party!

Slightly different weekend this time...Saturday night I was invited to a fancy dress party via a work colleague I knew from back in the UK. Clearly people here take the costume element quite seriously -the theme was the letter P and there was all sorts including a prisoner, p*ssed santa, plug, paperclip, post-it note, pocahontas, poker, pink cowboys, paper airplane, princess... however, clearly, the penguins were the winners of the best costume award (and no, I'm not one of them!). The ultimate Chinese Elvis (or Pelvis, in keeping with the party theme) did a 30 minute request set - apparently, he is very famous as being THE Hong Kong Elvis and is a bit of a local celebrity. Definitely more rated for the entertainment value than the accuracy of the performance - I'm not even sure he knew many of the lyrics! I accompanied the penguins to the do and we did get some rather strange looks from passing cars on the way, but that was nothing compared to the stir created when we hit bars on Lockhart Road, Wanchai at 2am...
On Sunday, I tried to start packing for my trip back home but didn't really get that far... the only thing worse than packing a suitcase is having to unpack it later... only 48 hours to get myself sorted now though!

1 comment:

Anne Onimuss said...

Sounds like you had fun, you haven't said what you went as though!