
These photos were taken from the top of The Peak, which is the highest point on Hong Kong Island. I actually went up there when I was here 2 years ago in the daytime, but got really freaked out with the height that I retreated back into safety very quickly without getting any photos. At night, it was much less intimidating. There are a number of ways to reach the Peak - the most popular being the ubiquitous 'Peak Tram' which has one of the steepest inclines of any rail service in the world. It is also relatively expensive and the queues are usually interminable especially at weekends. So, I took the main alternative, which was the bus, which itself was quite a spectacular ride as it wound its way on switchback roads all the way to the top.

The Peak itself is really one giant tourist trap with lots of dodgy souvenir shops and even some kind of massive virtual reality game centre. There's also the usual smattering of family restaurants plus Starbucks, Delifrance (remember them anyone??) and a mock-up tram to take your photo in front of. These photos of the bay were taken from the Sky Terrace which you actually get charged to gain access to... money for old rope I think is the phrase. As you can see, though, it is one of the "must see" sights given the views you get.
No comments:
Post a Comment