Saturday, November 15, 2008

Home from Home


Well, I've survived my first week... done all the important stuff like working out the transport network, buying a travel pass, checking out the local shops...finding my nearest Starbucks! I'm living in Happy Valley - famous for the racecourse. It's a slightly less hectic district on HK Island, about 10-15 mins on the tram from the office, with lots of local shops, laundries, dry cleaners, newsagents, restaurants etc. Most important of all, there's an international supermarket selling loads of western brands... although some of the prices are a big eye-watering - £1.20 for a tin of heinz soup anyone?
My apartment is in a relatively small block away from the main street so it's generally quite quiet; the service is great - not only do I get my bed made and the flat cleaned daily, I've discovered they even do my washing up! Bliss.

No comments: